Blogging

Blogging
Blogging "your window to the world"

Monday 5 August 2019



God Knows Who and What We Need On Our Spiritual Journey To Bring Us To Maturity


I am so grateful for the people that have impacted my life, either personally or through their writings. I honour the mentors the Lord has given me to assist me on this Life’s “journey” in Him. Some have passed on to Glory but the seed remains and the Spirit of God quickens the incorruptible seed when it is needed.


This morning I remember Elizabeth Austin, my friend and mentor. She was a tiny little woman but had a Spirit larger than life. Her message was simple but profound.

What Was Elizabeth’s Secret?


What was your secret Elizabeth Austin – It was so simple - simply this; 


She practiced the Presence of God; He was her constant companion.

She deeply loved God and knew Him intimately and could therefore enter into His compassion for a lost world.

She had the courage to seek out the lost where many men would never venture to go.

She always gave the Lord the Glory.

She did not count the cost but persevered.

She moved as the Spirit willed. I saw more tangible miracles in her life than in many church services where everything was done correctly and in order.


I too have shared from the pulpit, I too have shared the Word, but it was not the times that I tried to be correct scripturally, deliver a perfect sermon or made sure the people enjoyed themselves,  that I saw His power, it was simply in the times when I loved them with the Love of God and was moved with compassion that He revealed Himself.


I am honoured that I knew Elizabeth, this amazing prophet of God. She was imperfect like all of us but she was obedient and deeply in love with God.  She died at age 82.

I will not be surprised if the Lord also stood up like He did for Stephen the first martyr when she was presented before His throne of Grace. 


I am so blessed that 4 months before her death she rose from her sickbed which eventually became her deathbed,  just to separate me once again to go into the world to be His hands and feet, His eyes and tongue, to be His heart and if at all possible, in a small way to love the way He loved. 


Thank you, Lord, that you make me able not man and that like Elizabeth you make my head as hard as flint to be obedient


No comments:

Post a Comment

WE ALL HAVE A MAP IN OUR SOUL Life is a GIFT We are called to live in the now but some tend to live in the past, some tend to live ...