Blogging

Blogging
Blogging "your window to the world"

Monday 12 August 2019




GOD WILL GO TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH FOR JUST ONE PERSON
“JEFF”
 A SUPERNATURAL EXPERIENCE!!!
I held down many jobs in the UK and was always looking for more opportunities as I needed the money to refurbish the church. 
Anglian Doors and Windows approached me and asked whether I would become a Sales Consultant. It was a very well paid and, in some ways, prestigious job.
I agreed to give it a try and was booked for a week’s training in Norwich the last week in February 2011. Norwich was three hours’ drive from where I lived.
The Sunday that I was scheduled to check in at the hotel I called only to be told that the company had made a mistake and I was booked for the following week. The weather turned nasty and by the Sunday when we had to leave it started snowing.
I was not very well at the time and looked forward to a week, ensconced in a beautiful warm hotel not having to drive to a few clients every day through the snow drifts. The added bonus was that I would be spoilt with three warm meals a day that I did not have to cook.

We were 16 delegates, 14 men and only 2 women. From the outset Jeff, a round jovial little man latched onto me and sat next to me at every meal. He said that he enjoyed talking to me. There was another delegate on the course, a very well turned out man who also made sure that he sat opposite me at every meal but for a very different reason. He professed to be an atheist and believed that he was actually called to turn people away from God.
I don’t usually tell people in a business environment that I am a Minister but somehow this atheist knew and he proceeded to harass me at every meal about my faith. The first and second time I just smiled and let him speak. By the third meal I had had enough and realized there is no way he can leave the course without me telling him what the gospel is all about. I found myself sharing the Word in no uncertain terms at every meal and all the while Jess sat next to me listening intently.
When the course ended the snow was so thick that no one could fetch me. The atheist who happened to live near my village offered to take me home as he was also dropping Jeff at his flat. At first, I was hesitant but after putting a few security measures in place I agreed. We stopped at Jeff’s flat to briefly use the toilet and I was soon safely home. Three weeks went by. One Sunday morning I opened the Sunday paper and found a very familiar face staring back at me. It was Jeff but the headline was horrific. It said “Man murdered and body parts strewn all over the country”
I was in a state of shock and made some enquiries. The police had arrested a suspect who turned out to be the murderer. It was Jeff’s flatmate. 
Naturally I went to God in prayer and asked the age-old question “why”.
You see God knew Jeff was going to be murdered, He knew Jeff needed to hear the Gospel perhaps once again, God knew that when the point of death came that perhaps Jeff would call out to Him.
I never sold many Anglian products but I was well paid for the training and made good sales for a few weeks and then the job became too arduous as the kit was heavy to lug around.
You see I was sent to be in the right place at the right time. It was a sobering experience but it also taught me;

NEVER TAKE ANY ENCOUNTER FOR GRANTED AND NEVER HESITATE TO MAKE THIS GOD I LOVE SO MUCH KNOWN. EVEN IF IT MAKES ME UNPOPULAR, EVEN IF I AM RIDICULED. I CANNOT AFFORD NOT TO BE OBEDIENT TO THIS GOD WHO BECAME OBEDIENT TO THE POINT OF DEATH ON A CROSS FOR ME!!!


MAY JEFF REST IN PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE ALL HAVE A MAP IN OUR SOUL Life is a GIFT We are called to live in the now but some tend to live in the past, some tend to live ...